WELCOME

Welcome to the blogsite of the Tollgate Quilters Guild based in Durban KwaZulu Natal, South Africa.

We are a diverse group with a variety of experience and quilting related interests and it is hoped that this will come through in the postings. This blog will feature different guild members commenting on their favourite quilty subjects and we hope that you will enjoy the variety of opinions expressed.

We encourage comment and debate but please note that this blog is moderated.

















Saturday, May 26, 2012

Post Challenge

Hi ladies

You may remember ,a while back, I encouraged you all to enter a postcard in the Reader's Challenge for ClothPaperScissors . Well guess what!When I received my copy of the latest edition of ClothPaperScissors ( May/June 2012- issue 42) , I was paging through looking at all the beautiful pieces of art when I came across the "Post Challenge" pictures - my fabric postcard was on page 86. I couldn't believe it! They received more than 200 postcards and my postcard was one of 41 postcards that were published.
There were postcards from all parts of the world- UK, Australia, South Africa, Canada and  America .
Wow!! I am so happy ! I must mention that some of the techniques I used , I learnt from Glenda. Thank you Glenda!    

3 comments: